By using the Website, you indicate that you accept these Terms & Conditions and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to these Terms & Conditions please refrain from using the Website.
This website is a site operated by Osprey Publishing Ltd (part of Bloomsbury Publishing Plc). (“We”) are registered in England and Wales under company number 3471853 and have our registered offices at Kemp House, Chawley Park, Cumnor Hill, Oxford, OX2 9PH, which is also our main trading address. Our VAT number is GB 215039103.
Please read through the following Terms & Conditions of Sale and Purchase (“Terms”) carefully. They comprise the terms on which you are permitted to purchase items Osprey Publishing (part of Bloomsbury Publishing Plc) (“Osprey”. “us”, “we”) on this website (the “Website”).
If you submit an order for any item advertised for sale on this Website this shall be taken to constitute acceptance by you of these Terms:
From 1st January 2015 the VAT Rates for digital services (including eBooks) will vary depending on the location of the customer* (*EU based customers only).
The table below shows the VAT rates charged by Osprey Publishing via our website ospreypublishing.com on digital services (including eBooks) dispatched to EU destinations. The VAT rates below are not applicable to physical print volume book sales or any other print content distributed by Bloomsbury. The stated price of digital services (including eBooks) is inclusive of any applicable VAT.
Sales of digital products and services will be calculated based on the location of the EU customer and not the location of Osprey Publishing as the supplier. For customers based outside the EU the VAT rates charged by Osprey Publishing will remain unchanged. This is applicable to purchases made only on, or after, 1st January 2015.
Note: For customers based in Liechtenstein and Switzerland, a VAT rate of 8% will be charge by Osprey Publishing for digital products and services (including eBooks). For more information on the matter please visit HMRC.
|Country Digital Services (including eBooks)||VAT Rate at 1st January 2015|
|France & Monaco||5.5%|
|Great Britain & Northern Ireland||20%|
|Republic of Ireland||9%|
Accessing the Website
Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on the Website without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may only allow access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users who have registered with us.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our registration and security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time and terminate your registration at any time without notice to you if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms & Conditions.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms & Conditions and that they comply with them. Please note that we currently support the following browsers: Internet Explorer 9, 10 and 11; Chrome (latest version, as it auto updates); Firefox (latest version, as it auto updates); and Safari (latest version, as it auto updates).
Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise stated, we are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website, and in the material published on it. For the purposes of these Terms & Conditions, “material” means material including, without limitation, text, graphics, images, video and sound material. Those works are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may download and print extracts from material on the Website for your own personal and non-commercial use only. You must not download or print the material or extracts from it in a systematic or regular manner or otherwise so as to create a database in electronic or paper format comprising all or part of the material appearing on the Website. You may not distribute, transmit or disseminate any part of the material on the Website without our prior permission.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices appearing on the Website and you must not use any part of the materials on the Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us and/or our licensors.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to [email protected].
If you print off, copy or download any part of the Website in breach of these Terms & Conditions, your right to use the Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
We aim to update the Website regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to the Website or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
While we endeavour to ensure that the information provided on the Website is accurate and up to date, the material displayed on the Website (whether provided by us or a third party) is made available without any guarantees, conditions, warranties or representations as to its accuracy, completeness or reliability. Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
• All conditions, warranties, representations and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
• Any responsibility or liability for any direct, indirect, special and/or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it (whether caused by tort, breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable).
You hereby expressly agree that you use the Website ‘as is’ and at your own risk and that any damage or loss arising from your use of it and/or any reliance placed on its contents are your sole responsibility.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to our site
Uploading or submitting material to the website
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload or submit material to the Website, or to make contact with other users of the Website, you must comply with the content standards set out below. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any material you submit or upload to the Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide licence to publish such material in any format, including without limitation print or electronic format and to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to the Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy or that it is defamatory of such person.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of the Website.
Publication of any material you submit to us will be at our sole discretion and we reserve the right to make additions or deletions to the text or graphics prior to publication or to refuse publication. We further reserve the right to remove any material or posting you make on the Website if, in our sole discretion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out below.
These standards (as further described in the following Guidelines which are incorporated herein by reference) apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
• Be accurate (where they state facts)
• Be genuinely held (where they state opinions)
• Be original to you
• Comply with any applicable law worldwide and in particular in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
• Be obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory, incite violence or contain sexually explicit material;
• Advocate, promote or assist any illegal activity of any kind;
• Be defamatory or any person or violate another person’s privacy rights or otherwise contain unlawful material;
• Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person or party;
• Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
• Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
• Give the impression that they emanate or are endorsed by us, if this is not the case; and
• Falsely endorse a good or service.
The area of the Website where registered users can submit details of their profile is intended for individual profiles and not company profiles or information.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, spyware, adware or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful or designed to adversely affect the operation of the Website or of any computer software or hardware relating or connecting thereto. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience and information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. In the event you link to any such third party site you do so at your own risk.
You may see advertising or other material submitted by third parties on the Website. Any third party uploading or submitting content or information for inclusion on the Website is solely responsible for such content and information, including ensuring that it complies with all relevant legislation and/or common law, regulations and/or codes of practice. We accept no responsibility or liability for the content of advertising or other third party material submitted to the Website including without limitation the lawfulness of such content or any error, omission or inaccuracy therein.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to and/or use of the Website although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
These Terms & Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact [email protected]. Thank you for visiting our Website.
1. Whatever you have to say, chances are there’s someone out there who will benefit from your personal first-hand experiences, knowledge and opinions. Share them all—good or bad—and include as many facts and details as you can.
2. Be constructive. If you had a bit of a rubbish experience, tell us why. Be specific about what it was that didn’t hit the spot and not only will other users take you more seriously, but the business or professional involved is much more likely to listen up and improve.
3. When applicable, please only write reviews based on your own personal experience and only submit content that you know to be accurate and fair.
4. Be courteous. We are a diverse community of people with diverse opinions. Speaking to and about people with respect means that everyone feels free to have their say.
5. If you see abusive content or material that violates these guidelines, report it via a "report inappropriate content" link or email [email protected]
5. Stay safe. Be wise about the personal information you share when you’re using publicly accessible parts of the Website. There are also various functions on the Website that allow other users to view all your public contributions and reviews in one list, including in the public view of your profile page. If you’re not comfortable with this, you can post content anonymously.
1. When applicable, please only write reviews based on your own personal experience and only submit content that you know to be accurate and fair.
2. Setting up and using a fake profile to submit content, especially to promote your business or criticise another business, is absolutely not permitted. If you misrepresent who you are, claim false credentials or expertise, give potentially harmful advice or mislead people in any other way you could be breaking the law—take a look at "7. Keeping it legal"—below.
3. The Website is not the place for threats, personal attacks, aggressive comments or hateful, bigoted or racist speech. We are a community of people with diverse beliefs, opinions and backgrounds, so please be respectful.
4. We want to keep things clean, which means no swear words, no vulgar comments, no sexually explicit language or images and no lewd propositions. Also, please don’t write entirely in CAPS—it may be big, but it’s not clever.
5. Any obvious advertising references found in reviews, comments or other content will be deleted immediately. It is not permitted to post links, HTML, provide phone numbers, email addresses or to provide information that is unrelated to the topic in order to solicit personal or financial gain. It’s also forbidden to send bulk messages or submit any other unauthorised content with the purpose of promoting your business or product.
6. Please be aware you could be breaking the law if you undertake any of the following activities:
• submitting fake reviews or paying someone to submit content that benefits your business
• copying other people’s content without permission or proper attribution—please be aware of copyright and related laws
• scamming people into sharing personal information
• stealing or borrowing anything from the Website or other sites (like copyright or trademark material)
• breaking or hacking into private unauthorised places, especially if it’s with the intention of causing harm or stealing information
• threatening, slandering, making libellous statements, harassing, invading people’s privacy or impersonating others
We are committed to doing everything we can to protect the Website from fake reviews. On the rare occasion that we do find bogus content, spam, fake reviews or submissions from fraudulent profiles, we remove them immediately and take steps to ensure that the businesses and users in question are penalised in our rankings on the Website.
If you are a business owner, commissioning reviews violates the EU Unfair Commercial Practices Directive (UCPD), and the UK’s implementation of the UCPD. This means companies and sole traders cannot pay someone else to post reviews or write blogs about their own companies without fully disclosing the fact. Both civil and criminal penalties are possible.
When we have to step in
We do not edit the content of reviews, comments or other user-generated content on the Website. However, we reserve the right to remove content that we determine to be inappropriate and/or in violation of the Website community guidelines or the Terms & Conditions. Depending on the level of offence, violating the community guidelines may result in the termination of your Website account without warning and the passing of any information to the police.
These community guidelines were written with the best interests of the Website community in mind. If you have any additional suggestions on how to improve them, or any other feedback, please send us an email at [email protected].
Applying for membership
Benefits of membership
Membership subscription fees
Billing Information and Cancellation Procedures
Termination of membership
Free US delivery on orders $35 or over