Osprey Publishing and Shire Publications, imprints of Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, are looking for a highly skilled Marketing Executive to work across their well-established range of military history and heritage titles. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individual to join our bright and friendly marketing team based in Oxford.
• Create and implement marketing campaigns to drive sales and maximise profit
• Write engaging and persuasive marketing copy
• Brief and co-ordinate design for promotional marketing materials including point of sale displays, sales sheets and print and digital advertisements
• Negotiate and reserve consumer and trade advertising in print and online
• Manage the creation and distribution of trade and consumer catalogues
• Manage relationships with print and online reviewers, liaising with freelance publicists as necessary, to ensure widespread and relevant media coverage of our titles
• Organise and attend conventions and events in the UK and abroad
Skills, knowledge, experience
• Knowledge and understanding of the current marketing landscape, including advertising, direct mail, publicity, catalogues, promotions and digital marketing
• Knowledge of community building, social media, email, online advertising
• Experience of book marketing
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Good copywriting, proof reading and project management skills
• Good time management and an ability to multi-task and work on several different projects simultaneously
• A passion for and knowledge of military history
• A full driving license is desirable but not essential
The role is a full-time, permanent position, based at our Oxford office. Kemp House, Chawley Park, Cumnor Hill, Oxford, OX2 9PH. As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organization, Bloomsbury offers competitive benefits and generous staff discounts.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role and your salary expectations to email@example.com.
Please note in the subject line: ‘Marketing Executive OX2601’ The closing date for applications is 26th January 2020.