United Kingdom
Advanced search
Osprey will be working from home from Tuesday 17th March. We plan to continue all our operations, while reducing risk of infection by having staff work from home. Please note that we are doing our best to manage incoming post and parcels. For the time being please refrain from sending items to our offices and please assume that items that you have sent to us, have not arrived with their intended recipient. Our priority remains the wellbeing of staff, authors, customers, freelancers, suppliers and distributors. We would like to thank all for their support whilst we transition to virtual operations.

Forum

You have 0 bookmarked item(s)
Viewing Topic "Osprey Reveal 2017 - Air Vanguard"
  Topic Description
Posted by: SPuitH Air Vanguard, no new releases... will it be discontinued?
Posted on: 25/09/2016 23:48:53

5 Item(s)     Sort:  Newest Oldest

per page

Total Posts: 3
Joined Date: Sunday, 25 September 2016

Dear People of Osprey,

After all titles have been revealed for 2017, I failed to notice any new titles to be published in the Air Vanguard Series. Since there were only two new reveals last year for this series, I was wondering if this series is being discontinued, just like the Aviation Elite Units Series?

Kind regards,

Sander

Posted on: 25/09/2016 23:48:54
Posted by: KenA
Total Posts: 124
Joined Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Hi Sander

I’m sorry that Osprey have not seen fit to reply to you.  Not the best in customer relations is it?  However, I think you will find the answer to your question in a blog from Osprey’s MD (OspreyRich) on 2 September 2015 where there was some discussion about several book series being rested.

https://ospreypublishing.com/blog/big_reveal_bumper_week/#commentBox

Hope this helps.

Posted on: 04/10/2016 03:39:37
Posted by: OspreyRich
Total Posts: 24
Joined Date: Tuesday, 12 August 2008

Hi Sander,

Sorry for the delay in replying - Pete has moved on and we are hunting for a replacement. Normal service resumed shortly. KenA has pointed you in the right direction, Aviation Vanguard is being rested. I can't say for how long, it depends on interest but we do have plenty of new Aviation stuff arriving - starting with X-planes. Please watch this space.

Posted on: 04/10/2016 15:18:22
Posted by: SPuitH
Total Posts: 3
Joined Date: Sunday, 25 September 2016

Hi KenA,

Thank you for the link on that big-reveal post. I had missed that completely. Good to know it has been rested, not cancelled like Aviation Elite Units.

OspreyRich,

Thank you as well for your reply. Pity AVG has been rested. Unfortunately, X-planes is not my cup of tea and thus I won't be interested in those and stick to the ACE, COM and DUE series that I regularly purchase.

Kind regards,

Sander

Posted on: 05/10/2016 05:00:47
Posted by: PAUL W
Total Posts: 327
Joined Date: Sunday, 4 January 2015

Shame about Avg and aeu but sounds more promising re the raid series in the latest blog. Great news.

Posted on: 13/10/2016 19:08:56

5 Item(s)     Sort:  Newest Oldest

per page