Forum

You have 0 bookmarked item(s)
Viewing Topic "DUEL NIGHT FIGHTER MOSQUITO VS HEINKEL 219"
  Topic Description
Posted by: DAZ REICH How about this for a title, neither aircraft have featured in a Duel book, I love them both and the superb 'UHU' does not get enough coverage, any suggestions ? Two night time hunters and two very different but excellent twin engined aircraft.
Posted on: 05/08/2013 23:58:00

5 Item(s)     Sort:  Newest Oldest

per page

Total Posts: 8
Joined Date: Saturday, 12 February 2011
Interesting to note the Duel criteria there, Dr. Forczyk- I can think of a couple of titles that haven't exactly lived up to the first one (M3 vs Panzer III, for instance), but I'm glad Osprey have measures in place to keep the more obscure suggestions at bay. Of all their series, I've always thought that Duel has the greatest potential for straying into the arena of the just plain silly; that it doesn't, and remains worthwhile, is a credit to the editorial team. So the search for a good Mossie match-up continues...
Posted on: 06/08/2013 02:55:00
Posted by: DAZ REICH
Total Posts: 69
Joined Date: Monday, 25 February 2013
You wrote that title (sorry forgot to say), that books on my wish list.
Posted on: 06/08/2013 01:08:00
Posted by: DAZ REICH
Total Posts: 69
Joined Date: Monday, 25 February 2013
Nooooo, lol, oh well I have another suggestion, for us to peruse over.
Posted on: 06/08/2013 01:05:00
Posted by: Red One
Total Posts: 23
Joined Date: Thursday, 24 October 2013
As the author of Bf-110 vs. Lancaster, I can tell you that there is not enough in this topic for a Duel. Simply put, the Mosquito was an over-match for the Nachtjagd in terms of speed and maneuverability. Yes, a few were shot down and the He-219 was an interesting aircraft, but these were too few for book-length coverage. More like a magazine article. Also, the records on He-219 combat are spotty, much more so than the Bf-110. A Duel book should pit two weapon systems that regularly engaged in combat and there has to be a "struggle for supremacy" contest.
Posted on: 06/08/2013 00:53:00
Posted by: BobG
Total Posts: 8
Joined Date: Saturday, 12 February 2011
I'd buy it. Anything Mossie-related gets two thumbs up from me. I suppose if you couldn't find enough 219 encounters you could go for the JU 88 instead, and include all the action over Biscay.
Posted on: 06/08/2013 00:38:00

5 Item(s)     Sort:  Newest Oldest

per page