United Kingdom
Advanced search
Osprey will be working from home from Tuesday 17th March. We plan to continue all our operations, while reducing risk of infection by having staff work from home. Please note that we are doing our best to manage incoming post and parcels. For the time being please refrain from sending items to our offices and please assume that items that you have sent to us, have not arrived with their intended recipient. Our priority remains the wellbeing of staff, authors, customers, freelancers, suppliers and distributors. We would like to thank all for their support whilst we transition to virtual operations.

Forum

You have 0 bookmarked item(s)
Viewing Topic "Campaign title for:Jao Modo 1696"
  Topic Description
Posted by: Tipu Sultan One of the most important battles that the Qings fought was the battle of Jao Modo in 1696 in Mongolia. The Mongolians had come into conflict with the Qings before. The Zhungar tribes had a inspired leader named Galdan. The emperor Kangzi led the army into Mongolia. It was unusual for a emperor to campaign in person,but that is just what Kangxi did for the campaign. The Chinese set out with 70,000 men in 3 columns. They also had 300 cannons. They moved thought the Gobi desert.they set out in March and closed in on Galdan in June. They fought at Jao Modo the Chinese victory was contributed to their control of high ground and their cannons. The Qing infantry attacked first,and then the Calvary. The Zhungars were driven off with enormous casualties. It took the emperor 98 days to reach Beijing,1,500 miles away. The Zhugars were a threat until almost wiped out in the 18th century by emperor Qianlong. I think this battle deserves a book because they had such huge armies in this important victory. I like to compare it to the Great March in the 1920s. Also,as I mentioned,it was unique to involve a Chinese emperor on the field. It could be considered a obscure battle,but I feel sure that there are some out there who would buy it,especially Chinese and Mongolians! LOL!
Posted on: 09/03/2013 15:27:00

3 Item(s)     Sort:  Newest Oldest

per page

Total Posts: 10
Joined Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2013
TipuSultan, are you Mrhistory in disguise?
Posted on: 09/03/2013 16:10:00
Posted by: Tipu Sultan
Total Posts: 5
Joined Date: Saturday, 9 March 2013
I am not Mrhistory,I swear. I do not know him. But I am interested in some things he likes,but unlike him,I am a huge fan of Ancient warfare. I am about to make a post in that field.
Posted on: 09/03/2013 16:11:00
Posted by: A customer that is tired of Mr History. Seriously.
Total Posts:
Joined Date: Tuesday, 11 August 2020
Wonderfully obscure, yet again. I do love it. Oh, and the denial of your true identity: how droll. You are a wonder, sir. If I wore a hat, it would be tipped in your honour.
Posted on: 24/04/2013 07:55:00

3 Item(s)     Sort:  Newest Oldest

per page