United Kingdom
Advanced search
Osprey will be working from home from Tuesday 17th March. We plan to continue all our operations, while reducing risk of infection by having staff work from home. Please note that we are doing our best to manage incoming post and parcels. For the time being please refrain from sending items to our offices and please assume that items that you have sent to us, have not arrived with their intended recipient. Our priority remains the wellbeing of staff, authors, customers, freelancers, suppliers and distributors. We would like to thank all for their support whilst we transition to virtual operations.

Forum

You have 0 bookmarked item(s)
Viewing Topic "Bolt Action 1947?"
  Topic Description
Posted by: Paintybeard Now posted on Amazon
Posted on: 22/05/2015 07:12:44

6 Item(s)     Sort:  Newest Oldest

per page

Total Posts: 371
Joined Date: Monday, 4 February 2013

I’ve just had my usual weekly snoop around Amazon and a future title caught my eye: ”Bolt Action – Konflikt 1947”

I do hope this is what I would like it to be: A set of scenarios and rules that will cover a hypothetical World War 2 that continues for a couple of years after the VE-Day that we all know. The idea of seeing Centurion tanks pitted against E-50’s and ME262’s dog-fighting Meteors and Shooting Stars could be great fun. Hopefully the authors can come up with at least semi-convincing reasons for the Germans not to run out of oil, rubber and other vital resources. And for the Allies not to just drop an atomic bomb on Berlin in August 1945. 

Just one personal wish: Please, please, PLEASE don’t drag in vampires, zombies and all the other weird rubbish that turns up in every B-movie cliché. There was enough fantastic hardware on the drawing boards in 1945 to make this a winner without dragging in the lunatic fringe. 

Posted on: 22/05/2015 07:12:44
Posted by: Pete @ Osprey
Total Posts: 79
Joined Date: Friday, 22 May 2015

Hey Paintybeard, here's a response from Phil, the Games Manager:

Konflikt ’47 won’t be your cup of tea, I suspect – it definitely falls into that really popular ‘weird war’ genre (albeit with a grounding in science instead of the occult), rather than the more serious ‘what if the war continued?’ approach.

While nothing is confirmed as yet, however, there are also plans for a Bolt Action supplement that updates the original game with 1945+ technologies etc. That, by the sound of it, will be more your thing.

Posted on: 22/05/2015 11:53:06
Posted by: Paintybeard

Thank you Phil and Pete for your rapid reply. I shall just have to be patient and look forward to the eventual relase of a  Bolt Action supplement covering a "real" war in 1946. And of course I hope all your model makers are busily making kits of all those fantastic "What if" projects like Panther II tortoise.

I'll probably have a look at "Konflikt 1947", but I am getting so sick of EVERYTHING having zombies in it. 

Posted on: 22/05/2015 15:42:53
Posted by: achim
Total Posts: 40
Joined Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Painty, you may find what you seek (no "weird stuff") at GHQModels.com! Go to "military Models", then "Catalogue" and look up "Wehrmacht 47"! Dean Scott gave as reason forprolonging the War until 47, that Germany and Italy did NOT declare war on the USA on 12/11th 41! Roosevelt did not get Congress to declare War on Germany,so the US fought Japan only, until 45, meanwhile Germany conquered the Soviet Union up to the Urals, plus the Med Bassin and, allied to Vichy-France, much of the Middle East! Britain and the Soviet Union hold out by the skin of their teeth... but after VJ Day, the Americans are now entering the War in Europe, their Fleet of new Fleet-Carriers fighting in the Med...

intents to develope a nuclear Bomb have failed on both sides! 

Personally, I have neverplayed a Wargame..., but I found Dean's  scenario quite compelling!

Hope this gives you some joy..... 

Posted on: 22/05/2015 15:55:11
Posted by: Paintybeard

Thank you very much for that link, achim. Exactly the sort of toys I was thinking of in just the sort of "what if" scenario that I find enjoyable. I can see I shall be buying a few toys from GHQ. 

Posted on: 22/05/2015 19:06:08
Posted by: achim
Total Posts: 40
Joined Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2013

you are quite wellcome, Painty! and, I am sure, GHQ won't dissapoint you! I am an collector of Naval Miniatures, mainly in the 1:1200/1250 scale! But the naval Models of Dean are of such a fine Quality, that I have meanwhile almost all of his 1:2400 Range! Plus basically all 1:285 Aircraft, some tanks Guns, Infantry, ect....
Have fun! 

Posted on: 22/05/2015 19:22:21

6 Item(s)     Sort:  Newest Oldest

per page