Topic Description
Posted by: Griffon
Posted on: 29/01/2019 16:36:48

4 Item(s)     Sort:  Newest Oldest

per page

Total Posts: 51
Joined Date: Friday, 21 May 2010

Dear Guys!

Due to that nice price reduction, I bought some older titles I was still missing in my collection, amongst them said NVG;

it seems it suffers from the bad quality issue we had some time ago with several pdf books; the filesize of only 1,5 MB is an indication I think and when you look

at the pictures in the pdf, you get the feeling that they suffer from bad quality resolution, in short, we have been there before;

could you please have a look into this and maybe update that volume to a higher quality pdf version?

I guess by now that quality issue should be well known and it would be nice if you guys would take the time and look into older volumes and update them if necessary;

if you want to sell ebooks, give us at least good quality ones....

cheers from Vienna

phil

Posted on: 29/01/2019 16:36:49
Posted by: Paintybeard
Total Posts: 345
Joined Date: Monday, 4 February 2013

Warrior No.157 "French Foreigh Legionnaire 1890-1914" has this problem too. Black and white illustrations and Peter Dennis excellent colour plates are just a horrid pixilated mess.

Posted on: 30/01/2019 22:49:12
Posted by: Robert @ Osprey
Total Posts: 73
Joined Date: Friday, 6 January 2017

Hi Griffon,

Thank you for your message. Could you let us know some of the titles you have experienced this with?

Many thanks,

Robert

Posted on: 04/02/2019 14:42:20
Posted by: Griffon
Total Posts: 51
Joined Date: Friday, 21 May 2010

Dear Robert!

thanks for the reply; well, this time, it was only the title I have mentioned, that suffers from really bad quality, but I am sure you can remember the discussions we had some time ago about many more (and back then even new) pdfs, that suffered from very bad resolution;

i guess this is a problem that titles, produced in a certain time span seem to suffer from, and the Kamikaze title might fall into that timespan;

that problem is still there, as the post by Paintybeard suggests, so it might be a good idea to check the filesizes of all available pdf files on your server, anything below 10Mb is a good candidate for quality issues;

as the printed volumes do not suffer from these problems (luckily) the solution should be easy, as I have posted before already...as long as the source files have a good dpi (and i am sure they have), a simple recreation of the pdf files with higher quality, while retaining the dpi should suffice;

it is just a little bit annoying to run into this problem time and again and it makes one refrain from buying more older titles in pdf as the quality is not ascertained - not a good thing if you want to sell more ebooks in the future....

cheers from Vienna

phil

Posted on: 04/02/2019 16:44:37

4 Item(s)     Sort:  Newest Oldest

per page