Forum

You have 0 bookmarked item(s)
Viewing Topic "A redo of CAM 074, split into two parts?"
  Topic Description
Posted by: KAL9000 Would anyone here support the idea of there being an updated re-release of the Rhineland campaign entry, kind of like what happened to the Midway, Ardennes, and Guadalcanal entries?
Posted on: 14/07/2018 19:43:34

4 Item(s)     Sort:  Newest Oldest

per page

Total Posts: 21
Joined Date: Sunday, 18 March 2018
Due to the binational nature of the Rhineland campaign, I was thinking that the new entry could be split into two parts—one covering Operations Blackcock and Veritable, and the other cover Operations Grenade and Blockbuster. The Rhineland campaign would be an excellent choice for an updated re-release since it’s a relatively obscure yet important part of the European Theater, having been overshadowed by the Ardennes battle beforehand and the Rhine crossings afterward.
Posted on: 14/07/2018 19:43:35
Posted by: Paintybeard
Total Posts: 345
Joined Date: Monday, 4 February 2013

Judging by his recent output it looks like Mr Zaloga plans to plod his way through every US army Corps size action form the D-Day beaches to crossing the Elbe. So I don't doubt that we shall get books on "Grenade" and "Blockbuster" in due course. I just hope we will also get some coverage of the British/Canadian actions that were going on at the same time. Stephen Hart did an excellent job with his book on "Totalize", is there any chance of commisioning him to do some other books?

Posted on: 14/07/2018 21:08:50
Posted by: KAL9000
Total Posts: 21
Joined Date: Sunday, 18 March 2018
I think an updated release of CAM 163: Leyte Gulf split into two segments would be nice too, especially considering the sheer scale of the battle. It could be Leyte Gulf (1): Sibuyan Sea and Surigao Strait and Leyte Gulf (2) Samar and Cape Engano, for example
Posted on: 15/07/2018 00:14:03
Posted by: PAUL W
Total Posts: 259
Joined Date: Sunday, 4 January 2015

I would be interested in 2 parters on Leyte Gulf and the Rhineland campaign and coverage of the British/Canadian actions from 1944.

Posted on: 26/07/2018 13:54:07

4 Item(s)     Sort:  Newest Oldest

per page