Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I am trying to login to the Osprey site but my password is not working
There could be a couple of reasons for this so before contacting Osprey customer service please try the following:
- Please make sure that you have registered on the Osprey website. In January 2015 we launched a new website so if you have not already registered please do so now. Register here!
- If you previously registered on the old Osprey website you will need to reset your password before you can access your account on the new site. Go to ‘My Osprey’, click 'Forgot Your Password' and enter your email address.
- If you are registered and your password is not working please go to ‘My Osprey’, click 'Forgot Your Password' and enter your email address.
A password reset email will then be sent to your email inbox. If you do not receive anything within a couple of minutes check your spam folder.
Click on the link in the email, which will take you back to the site where you can enter a new password.
Finally, click on the Login button and enter your email address and new password to log in to the site.
2. How do I contact Customer Services?
3. How do I contact Osprey Publishing?
4. How do I search the website for a book, an author or membership content?
Our search engine makes it easy to find what you're looking for. You can search for a book or author using the search box on the top right-hand side of each page. Enter your search term in the search box, the predictive search might also offer you a few options in dropdown boxes which will appear below the search box as you type. Once you have entered and/or selected your search term click return on your keyboard. A search results page will then load and hopefully display the information you were looking for!
If you don’t find what you are looking for or want to perform a more specific search you can also perform an Advanced Search, by clicking on …wait for it… ‘Advanced Search’! Advanced Search allows you to fine-tune your search criteria. Use product title, keywords, ISBNs, price ranges, author names etc to quickly find the titles you are looking for.
Browse our online catalogue:
You can also browse our online catalogue by genre for all new and recent releases, or download a printer friendly version.
If you still can't find the book you are looking for it may be that it is no longer in print, or for more recent books, that it is in the process of being re-printed. Please note that we will only display titles that are in-print, whether they are in-stock or out-of-stock, and future releases with a publication date not more than three months ahead
5. How do I order online?
To place an order, simply click on the 'Add to Basket' button on the product page of the book you wish to purchase.
You can use ‘My Basket’ link on the top right-hand side of the page to view the contents of your shopping basket. Please note that if you have added item(s) to your basket you will see the number of items that are in your basket next to the ‘My Basket’ e.g. My Basket (1 item) or My Basket (2 items).
When you have finished shopping, click the ‘Checkout’ link next to ‘My Basket’ and (if you haven’t already logged in) you will be given the option to Checkout as a Guest or Register. Once you have made this decision then all you need to do is follow the simple steps in the Checkout section by entering the required information and clicking continue when and if you are happy to proceed.
6. How do I order a catalogue?
To view and download printer-friendly versions (PDFs) of our catalogues click on the link on the left hand side of the Home Page or click here.
If you are a UK trade customer please contact your Osprey sales rep for copies of the catalogues.
7. How do I return a damaged book?
Please visit our Shipping & Returns page for information on returning a damaged book.
8. How can I order out-of-print books?
Unfortunately, we cannot help you trace out of print Osprey books, nor do we keep any such stock once a title becomes out of print.
We are constantly converting out of print Osprey titles to Print-on-Demand (POD) so the book you are after may become available in time. Keep an eye on our blog for details about books becoming available again.
Alternatively we suggest that you try a specialist second-hand book search company, who may be able to help you – though please be aware that some dealers may charge excessive amounts for these unavailable titles.
9. How do I cancel my subscription/membership?
Please note: All Osprey membership subscriptions are for a minimum of 12 months so if you cancel your subscription within that time you are still liable to pay for the full 12 months.
To cancel your subscription/membership email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Enter Cancel my subscription in the subject box and quote your Payment Reference ID in the body of the email. To find your payment reference ID or cancel through the website click on ‘My Subscriptions’ in the left hand navigation bar in the 'My Osprey' area (you will obviously need to be logged in). Click on the Payment Reference ID for the subscription you wish to cancel. This is normally a nine digit number like 400071345. Once the page has loaded follow the instructions on the right hand side of the screen, towards the top (if you are on a desktop).
If you have any problems call or email Customer Support Services. Please visit our Contact Us page for Customer Service details.
10. How can I change my email address?
Once you have logged into 'My Osprey', click on ‘Account Information’. Here you can change your preferred name(s), email address and password. To confirm the change(s), press ‘Save’ at the bottom of the page.
11. How can I contact an author?
Please visit our Contact Us page for information on contacting an author.
12. Where can I get permissions information for your books?
13. Where can I get rights information?
14. Osprey ebooks
What formats are Osprey eBooks available in?
eBooks are available in Adobe PDF and ePub format.
Please note: Osprey Publishing eBooks are not encrypted (we do not apply Digital Rights Management). We do this so that you can easily read them on all your devices including your iPads iPhones, Kindle Fire and other Android and Windows mobile devices and or your desktop at home or work. When you download an eBook you will be prompted to choose the reading application you would like to use to view the book. That might be iBooks if you are on an iPad or even another e-reading application like Blufire (if you are on an Android or iOS mobile device) or perhaps Adobe Reader if you are on a desktop.
What is an eBook?
An eBook is a book delivered as an electronic file (e.g. PDF or ePuB). Osprey’s eBooks can be read on smartphones, tablets, and desktop devices and/or dedicated eBook devices. Once eBooks are purchased, they can be downloaded immediately from ‘My eLibrary’ within My Osprey.
Can I print or share an eBook?
Technically, there is nothing to prevent you from doing so. If, however, you opt to print and/share the eBooks you download you will be in breach of applicable international copyright laws and if discovered you run the risk of being prosecuted.
Copyright laws help to safeguard the lively-hoods of our authors and our business as a whole. Please respect our Copyrights and refrain from sharing and or otherwise reproducing in print the eBooks you purchase and download on this website. Thank you.
Why read an eBook instead of a print book?
- Portability: You can download several eBooks to your handheld device(s) for when you are on the move, a commute, holiday or business trip .
- Convenience: You can download hundreds of eBooks to your computer and create a library specific to your own interests.
- Special features: eBooks have a search facility that print books do not.
- Cost: Osprey eBooks are priced less than their print equivalent.
- Instant gratification: eBooks are delivered instantaneously. You can search for an eBook, purchase it, and download it all in a matter minutes or even seconds.
Where can I find Osprey eBooks?
Across the website! If the book you are searching for is available as an eBook then you will have the option to purchase it in that format on a grouped product page by simply selecting the eBook format you’d prefer (i.e. PDF or ePUB) or you can click on Military History eBooks in the left hand navigation bar of the Home page to view a full list of our military history eBook titles.
I have an ebook question or I'm having problems accessing or downloading the ebook
15. Where can I view current vacancies?
For a full list of our current vacancies, graduate recruitment and details about working at Osprey please visit our Jobs page.
16. Can I buy a piece of original artwork from one of Osprey’s illustrators?
Please visit our Contact Us page for information on buying original artwork.
17. What is Osprey Publishing Limited's company registration number?
This website is owned and operated by Osprey Publishing Ltd, registered in England and Wales under company number 3471853.
19. How do I advertise on Osprey's website?