OSPREY PUBLISHING COOKIES POLICY
What are cookies and how do they work?
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that and your help screen or manual will tell you how to do this. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of our site if you do so. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Although they do identify a user's computer, cookies do not personally identify users and passwords and credit card information are not stored in cookies.
What sort of cookies do we use?
We use the following types of cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and under our terms with you. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us for our legitimate purposes to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us, subject to your choices and preferences, to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
• Targeting or advertising cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information subject to your choices and preferences to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We set our own cookies on the site and we also use third party cookies, like Google Analytics.
Where can you find more information about the cookies that we use?
The cookies we use are set out in our cookies table.
When do our cookies expire?
Except for essential cookies, all cookies used on our site will expire after between 1 hour and 365 days.
How do you disable cookies?
The effect of disabling cookies depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our site. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our site. See below for details of how to use common types of browser to disable cookies.
Disabling cookies in Internet Explorer
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
Disabling cookies in Google Chrome
1. Choose Settings> Advanced
2. Under "Privacy and security," click “Content settings”.
3. Click “Cookies”
Disabling cookies in Safari
1. Choose Preferences > Privacy
2. Click on “Remove all Website Data”
Disabling cookies in Firefox
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
Disabling cookies in Opera
Opera 6.0 and subsequent:
1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
Social medial platforms
If you 'share' our websites content on social networks, such as Instagram and Twitter, you may be sent cookies from the social network. We do not control the setting of these cookies, so please check the social network platforms for information on how to manage them.
For third party cookies that track activity in connection with targeting advertising, you can currently opt-out of these cookies on the Digital Advertising Alliance’s consumer choice page (http://optout.aboutads.info) or the Network Advertising Initiative’s consumer choice page (http://optout.networkadvertising.org).
Other tools offered by third parties can help you see and manage cookies. More information about cookies and cookie management can be found on www.allaboutcookies.org and www.aboutcookies.org.
How to get help
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc
50 Bedford Square
Company Number 01984336
ICO Registration Number Z7552956
Contact: Maya Abu-Deeb, Data Protection Officer